The rustic cabin on Deer Run includes breakfast at the Lodge, and the enjoyable seclusion of your own private cabin – a cabin with a very unique history… It all began in 2008 when Hurricane Ike roared through the woods, and damaged many trees. We found a man from Georgia who owned a portable sawmill. He hauled it to The Farm, and milled the downed trees into the lumber that built this cabin.
After being furnished with antiques, collectibles, deer hides and antlers, the cabin on Deer Run was ready for guests in September of 2009.
Deer Run Photo Gallery
The Cabin on Deer Run is a fun, rustic retreat that includes all the modern amenities to make your stay comfortable. After a hike or canoe trip, it’s a real treat to shower under the stars in your own private outdoor shower, or relax on the enclosed sun deck attached to the cabin. In the evening, you can sit on the front porch swing, and watch for deer that sometimes feed just 50 feet away in the Mayhaw orchard.
- $149.00 per night for two people.
- Sleeps up to 4 people with a king-size bed in the bedroom, and two twin beds in the roomy living area
- Comfortable sitting area with TV and DVD player
- Snack kitchen with oak table and chairs, microwave, refrigerator, and toaster oven
- Bathroom with shower, rustic decor, and modern plumbing
- Ceiling fans, air conditioning, and heat
- Private enclosed sun deck with outdoor shower attached to cabin
- Front porch with old-fashioned porch swing
Breakfast and More…
- Your stay includes a real Texas country breakfast served each morning from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Lodge. You’ll want to sample the variety of delicious selections available, including homemade Mayhaw jelly and fresh fruits in season.
- You might also like to dine with us for a country dinner served in the Lodge dining room. ($29 Per Person)
- Please see our Meals and Amenities section for menus and more information.
Be sure to experience the fun of fishing or picking your own fruit (in season). Just part of country life! We like to give you a bag of fruit, that you have picked, as a memory of your visit to the Farm. Fruits include: Blueberries, Mayhaws, Pears, Muscadines, Satsumas, Lemons & Kumquats.
Deer Run Room Rates:
– Each Night with Breakfast for 2 is $149.00
– Additional Guests are $15.00 Each Per Night
– Outdoor Hot Tub on the Deck of the Lodge (Two People):
$20.00 Per Night for one night/ $15.00 Per Night for
Two or more Nights When Requested in Advance
Minimum 2-night stay requested on weekends and holidays. Five-day cancellation policy.
To hold a reservation, we require a credit card authorization by telephone (Visa, M/C, Discover, or AmEx), or a one-night deposit in advance. Please let us know if you would like to add a dinner or the Outdoor Hot Tub.
If you need additional information, please feel free to contact us. Call us at 409-246-3978.
We are looking forward to your visit to Ethridge Farm Bed and Breakfast. – Ann Ethridge